The steps to setup the router using the web interface are discussed here as under:
- Turn on the router using an on/off switch.
- Ensure that the computer and the wireless device is linked to the router through Ethernet or wirelessly. If you have changed the wi-fi settings, then change the settings.
- Open a web browser.
- When you setup the router for the first time, the browser will go to the Netgear Genie setup page from where it will redirect to ‘Routerlogin.net’.
- If you have already opened the web-interface, then enter www router login in the address field.
- Read on-screen instructions.
- If the browser doesn’t display the page, then connect to any other Ethernet port of the router.
- The router must be connected. This can be ensured through the power LED. If it is green, then the router is getting the proper power supply.
- Clear browser cache and restart it.
- If you have set the IP address to fixed or static, then change it to ‘Obtain IP details’ automatically.
- If the router doesn’t connect, then try the following:
- Change the settings and check if you have selected the right settings and everything is correctly entered or not.
- Contact ISP to verify the connection configurations.
If you are still facing any problem, you can contact experts at My WiFi Ext Fix and get the required help.